I really do love to play golf. Trying out golf courses throughout the middle Tennessee area and giving them my personal ranking is a worthy mission, in my mind. I mean, somebody has to do it, right? Here’s my Top 10 list. I’d love to hear about your favorite courses.
- Gaylord Springs Golf Links at Gaylord Opryland Resort, Nashville. The very best golf course around this area is Gaylord Springs, and my personal favorite. It gets its name from a 100-year-old springhouse on the signature fourth hole.
- Vanderbilt Legends Club, Franklin. This Club has two courses and a 19-acre practice facility plus beautiful views of southern middle Tennessee.
- Golf Club of Tennessee, Kingston Springs. This course routinely makes the rankings of organizations like top100golfcourses.com. This is a hilly course and a challenging one, but one of the best.
- The Crossing, Franklin. This course runs along the Harpeth River and you’ll see river from 15 of its 18 holes. Golfer’s great challenge on the 16th and 18th
- Hermitage (President’s Reserve), Nashville It’s next to the Cumberland River and has a great layout for a 36-hole public course. Ranked #1 by Golf Digest.
- Montgomery Bell State Park Course, Burns, TN. This is one of the best public courses around, with scenic beauty and consistently high reviews.
- Belle Meade Country Club, Nashville. Richland Creek is actually involved with seven of the holes on this course. The course has had two major modifications since it was built in the early 1920s.
- Richland Country Club, Nashville. It’s a Nicklaus Signature course laid out over a very diverse landscape.
- Governors Club, Brentwood. This is a private 18-hole Arnold Palmer Signature course. Demanding holes with beautiful scenery.
- Cheekwood Golf Club, Franklin. This club was formerly known as Fairways on Spencer Creek, and has a popular layout, ranking as one of the top 10 nine-hole courses statewide.
I hope you’ll check out some of these courses and let me know your thoughts. Have some good golfing this spring!
Search Golf Course Homes Below!